Carol Patton, Freelance Journalist/Writer
As a freelance journalist for 25+ years, I’ve written more than 1,500 published articles covering business, education, health, health care, technology, fashion, and lifestyle.
Publication Credits-online and print
My work has appeared in 50+ print publications and websites. Here’s a sampling:
- AARP’s Employer Resource Center website
- Heart Insight (American Heart Association publication)
- Human Resource Executive (contributing editor)
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council website
- Philadelphia Business Journal
- The Rheumatologist
- Scholastic Administrator
- Sportswear International
- 18th Annual National Institute for Health Care Management Foundation Print Journalism Award 2012 – trade category
- Finalist – 2014 Digital & Print Azbee Award
- Finalist – 21st Annual Health Care Print Journalism Award, June 2015
- 1980: Master of Arts Degree, Community Counseling, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- 1978: Bachelor of Science Degree, Criminal Justice, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI
- Doctor’s Digest guidebooks: Managing Your Practice, Resolving Practice
Dilemmas, Finding Work-Life Balance, and Guide to Well-Being, 2005
- Men Mentoring Men handbook: Fathering Through Divorce, 2009
- The Adventures of Mo (free children’s eBook), 2021
An Alaskan dog named Mo finds a key attached to a keychain that says, “Florida”. Mo and a friend travel on top of a delivery truck–without the driver’s knowledge–to every US state searching for Florida and the owner of the lost key.
Each chapter reflects a fun adventure in a different US state and touches upon state geography, history and cardinal or compass directions.